Monitoring Station Procedures
Password or code word is required on every account
Residential & Commercial Burglary alarm (Enhanced Call Verification)
- Verify over 2way. If there is someone on site with wrong password or no password, the operator will immediately discontinue the call as politely as possible, dispatch an agency then call the RP’s to verify them, updating the agency of the outcome.
- Verify with ECV RP’s. Dispatch agency (guard service or local police) if requested or no contact.
- Notify the remaining RP’s and update the responding agency.
1 hour rule: If a point has been in alarm status and responded to by an operator, they can disregard this new event as having already acted on it unless other events are associated (other tripped points, aborts, etc). The point to be disregarded must match exactly with the previous actions.
Burglary alarm with abort, cancel or open (or abort, cancel or open alone)
- Verify over 2way.
- If no response disregard.
If there is an abort, cancel or open after an alarm has already been processed, the operator is trained to attempt to verify again with site and RP’s that all is well on site. The operator will respond by dispatching or canceling agencies as needed (through RP contact or no response).
Residential Fire alarm
- Verify with site either through 2way. If there is an actual fire or emergency or the contact is not able to verify their password, dispatch fire department.
- If there is no contact over 2way, the operator will call the 1st RP.
- The operator calls the RP’s to notify and respond, they then update the fire department of the outcome.
Operators cannot cancel the fire department if they have been dispatched. They will only update the dispatcher.
Carbon Monoxide (residential or commercial)
- Call site and advise to “move outside and wait for the fire department”.
- Dispatch FD regardless of what is said and password verification. The operator will advise dispatch of any interaction on site.
If no contact at site, notify an RP to meet. Update dispatch.
Residential & Commercial Duress
- Listen in over 2way
- Dispatch PD.
Residential Panic alarms (panic, keypad alerts, hold-up, fob)
- Call 1st contact. If a contact is on site and unable to verify a password, dispatch is made.
- If there is no contact on site, dispatch PD.
Commercial Panic, keypad alerts, hold-up alarms
- Listen in only.
- Dispatch the PD.
Residential & Commercial Medical alerts
- Verify with site.
- Dispatch Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Notify an RP.
Residential & Commercial Environmental (temperature, freezer, cooler)
- Verify with site.
- If there is no answer or the contact is not able to verify the password, notify an RP.
Note: A notification will be made even if the alarm has restored.